Warranties and Guarantees
Chrysalis Bed & Mattress only deals with recognised brands that adhere to the highest quality manufacturing standards. This is why every product sold by Chrysalis Bed & Mattress is backed by a manufacturer’s warranty against any defective workmanship or materials for a period of time determined by the manufacturer. This period of time will consist of a guarantee period and a warranty period.
If a claim is raised within the guarantee period there will be no cost to the customer for repairing or replacing. If the claim is raised within the warranty period, a pro-rata charge will be applied and charged to the customer.
So, if you have bought a bed with a ten-year manufacturer’s warranty this means that in the first two years (depending on the manufacturers terms), you will be reimbursed in full for any defective workmanship. This is known as a guarantee. After this time period, you will be asked to pay a pro-rata cost for any repairs for the remaining eight years. This is called a warranty
You will receive a manufacturers warranty and guarantee card with your purchase.
Refer to the product you have purchased for specific warranty and guarantee details as each manufacturer offers different terms for each of the products.
In the event of having to make a claim contact our call centre on TBC. Please allow for up to two weeks for evaluation of your claim which may include an inspection of your goods. You will need to keep your proof of purchase, product guarantee or warranty card in a safe place. We recommend placing it into an envelope and inserting it between your base and mattress for safe keeping.
Returning a Purchase
Chrysalis Bed & Mattress respects consumer rights and you have the right to return unsatisfactory goods. We would like to make your customer experience as pleasant as possible. If you have bought any goods and you are experiencing problems with the goods and would like to return them we will be happy to assist.
- You may return the goods to Chrysalis Bed & Mattress with no undue or additional risk or expense to yourself and receive a full refund within 7 days if:
1.1 You did not get the opportunity to examine the goods when they were delivered;
- You received a mixture of goods, i.e. you received some goods that we agreed to supply mixed with goods of a different description that you did not order;
- The goods you have acquired are not suitable for the purpose marketed for and described on our site at the time of purchase.
- Chrysalis Bed & Mattress will refund you the full price paid for the goods if the goods are returned in the original unopened packaging;
2.1 If the goods are returned in their original condition and repackaged in their original packaging we may charge you a reasonable amount for:
- Use of the goods during the time they were used;
- Necessary restoration costs to render the goods fit for re-stocking;
Please Note: Pillows, mattress protectors and pillow protectors are non-refundable and cannot be returned once the original seal has been opened.
- If the goods purchased are defective; are not of good quality; cannot be used and is not durable for a reasonable period of time; and/or not in good working order; or is not compliant with any applicable standards set under the Standards Act, 1993 (Act No. 29 or 1993), or any other public regulation; then the goods may be returned to Chrysalis Bed & Mattress within six months.
- In the above event Chrysalis Bed & Mattress will:
- Repair or replace the failed, unsafe or defective goods; or
- Refund you the price paid for the goods.